28.4.10

East Asian cello on George Nelson inspired slat bench (punch design inc., c. 1976)




It sounds really good to my ears. The distressed finish looked appropriate. It was applied with some degree of vision, as if they specifically chose the environments it was exposed to through time. This cello could easily acquiesce as the focal point in any restoration hardware catalogue shoot. I picked it up confidently - that is, I grabbed it out Kirks hands when he removed it from its case. I don't think I've ever done that with the other cello. I asked kirk what he though of it so far - how did it compare to the other. It's not so much that this cello was made in China you see, it was that the other cello with pedigree cost at least five times the amount. Kirk didn't really say much in response. "I can feel it here" he said while pointing. He didn't do the cliche'd point to the heart. He instead pointed to his shoulder, as if he was choosing a dance partner instead of an instrument...

No comments:

Post a Comment